Sunday, September 11

Food: Crepes (Part 2)

  

Yesterday's lunch-out reminded me how much I miss cooking.



See, we just moved, and the stove needs to be repaired and cleaned. The house is being renovated - the kitchen still unusable.

When I was still living in Atlanta, I tried different crepe recipes. I found this to be the easiest.



Basic Crepes
via allrecipes


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted


Directions:

1. Whisk the flour and the eggs together in a bowl. Gradually add the milk and water while stirring. Add the salt and butter. Beat until smooth.
2. Heat a lightly oiled pan over medium-high heat. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto the pan. Tilt the pan with a circulat motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
3. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, or until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, then turn and cook the other side. Serve hot.




I always turn to this crepe recipe for my base. I just mix and match the filling or topping depending on my mood. 

Berries and ricotta are good. Mangoes and nutella too are yummy. You can even try ham and cheese, or chicken and spinach.

Have fun!

   

   



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...