Monday, October 15

Food: Missing the Elvis Burger


If there's one burger place we're missing, it's Vortex in Little Five Points in Atlanta.

This was taken while I was pregnant with Allie. I know your eyes are focused on the yummy goodness that's in front of us.


Vortex has burgers with names like Coronary Bypass and Triple Coronary Bypass, I kid you not.

If you're wondering what the Coronary Bypass is, Vortex describes it as "big half-pound sirloin patty topped with a fried egg, three slices of American cheese, four slices of bacon, with plenty of mayo on the side that we expect you to slather all over this burger. And yes, it comes with a side item too."

The Triple Coronary Bypass, on the other hand, is "made with two half-pound Vortex sirloin patties stacked inside three grilled cheese sandwiches, topped with two fried eggs, eight slices of American cheese, ten slices of bacon and plenty of mayo on the side. With this burger we choose your side for you, and it’s a big bowl of fries and tots covered in our cheesy-cheese goo. This super-stack is a heart attack waiting to happen." Oh. Em. Gee. Right?

But my ultimate favorite is the Elvis Burger. My husband ordered it one time, I took a bite and fell in love. That was the start of my love affair with the Elvis Burger. It's burger topped with smooth peanut butter, fried bananas and bacon. The peanut butter got me hesitant to order it, but you know, once you get past it, you're up for a major addiction. Haha.

The fresh pickle and onion rings/tater tots are an added bonus, too.

Yum!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely couple - never mind the food, you guys look better! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...