Tuesday, February 19

Food: Brasserie CiÇou


Here's another food post. Come to think of it, I actually got a ton of backlog posts about food. But I'll try to put in some other topics for my other readers.

A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of attending a welcome home / going away party of one of my cousins. We had it at Brasserie CiÇou up in Greenhills, right beside O.B. Montessori at Annapolis. One of my other cousins is a chef there, and she has nothing but great words to describe their food. So we decided to go.

----
It was dinner, and my good camera ran out of batteries. So pardon the dark iPhone shots. Head on to Our Awesome Planet's review for better food camera shots. I promise I will go back, armed with my good camera, and during lunch.
---

Brasserie CiÇou is a French bistro with clean, simple decor. I love the color of their tables and chairs. The style is very 'farmhouse'. The wood pallet wall on the left photo reminded me of what Katie Bower of Bower Power did on her little boy's nursery here. There's a DIY there, so in case you're wondering how to do it, make sure to visit her site. They also reused wine corks and fabric to tie the curtains. Cool huh?


Another DIY-able decor is the wine bottle chandelier. I swear, Brasserie CiÇou's interior designer is so crafty.


At the far end of the restaurant is a giraffe statue surrounded by ornament potted plants. There is also a curtained dining space near the kitchen -- I think they are perfect for wine drinkers. Murals adorn the walls near the giraffe statue, and it reminds me of my old school days (yes, my alma mater is the school beside it). It has an image of Saint Francis of Assisi and some angels.


Here is the main dining area.



The Pan-Seared Salmon (with bellpepper, marble potatoes, eggplant zucchini in olive oil, vierge sauce) -- very good, in my opinion. I had to taste some from my mom.

One of my uncles had the Braised Ox Tongue, which I should HAVE ordered, instead of my Paillard de Boeuf. I was sooo jealous. Haha! It was heavenly.

(From top to bottom) Pan-Seared Salmon, Braised Ox Tongue,
Home-Made Garlic Sausage, Paillard de Boeuf

My sister had the Home-Made Garlic Sausage with lentils and red wine sauce. I think this one doesn't quite top our list. It was too nakakasuya (any Filipinos who know what this translates to, in English?).

I felt what I ordered (Paillard de Boeuf) was a bit salty. When I asked my brother what he thought of his Paillard de Boeuf, he said it was good. I guess it was only mine that was not.

You know, in almost all events I attend, I feel like I always get the short end of the stick. Something is almost always wrong with my food. If I were still in the US, I would have gotten my food for free, or get a discount just by complaining. Sigh, how I wish consumers here in this country has the greater power.

Here's the view of the kitchen.


Whenever I eat at Brasserie CiÇou, I always, always look forward to their desserts. They NEVER EVER disappoint.

Chocolat Moulleax, Creme Brulee, Kouign Amann. Every single one just made me want to get some more. My favorite is Kouign Amann (pronounced as queen a-mahn). It deserves a post by itself. The dessert is basically caramelized laminated sweet dough with salted caramel ice cream. Sigh, if only I can have this everyday.


My daughter enjoyed, for the most part, the lounge area of the restaurant. They have couches, daybeds, light sabers, and a play/game area. Perfect for kids!



Brasserie CiÇou
57 Annapolis Street,
Greenhills, San Juan
+63 2 661 9200

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Probably one of the things I miss so much back home are all the great restos - so many choices everywhere! Here your stuck with almost same ol' franchised restos and I think, just like you, Dining out is an adventure worth risking into everytime. Thanks for this intro, I miss the good ol' days around Anapolis, And maybe someday I can savor the food here too! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know when you're going to visit, and I'll let my cousin know. :P

      Delete
  2. I like that the restaurant is for the family. I mean, the play area was a nice idea while the adults are dining. Are there dishes recommended for young kids too? I think nakakasuya is the how you feel when the dish is way too savory. The ox tongue does look heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they have a little section in their menu for kids. :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...