Sunday, January 26

Crafts/DIY: Paper Cutting




I tried my hand on paper cutting. It's not as difficult as it seems as long as you have the right craft materials. You can find everything at your local bookstore [PH resource -- National Bookstore].


[1] Precision craft knife -- Choose the ones with a 30-degree blade tip (ex. X-acto precision knife $3.49), not the office cutter you normally see. This will give you control and precision over the paper you are cutting.
[2] Pencil -- Any would do (ex. Staples #2 pencil $4.99/4 dozen).
[3] Self-healing cutting mat -- Whoever invented these is a genius. They protect your table surface from craft battle scars (ex. Dahle Self-Healing Cutting Mat 9"x12" $5.95). 
[4] Heavy-weight copy paper -- Get at least 100 gsm or 27 lb. copy paper or inkjet paper (ex. Staples 28 lb. copy paper). They're easy to cut and they are harder to snag when you cut thin strips. 

I used my finished paper cut project as a gift tag. I just adhered it with a strip of washi tape. Lookie!



Here's a good tutorial from tuts+ if you'd like to learn more.


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:25 PM

    Nice! I love what you can do with paper! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...